(WHAS11) -- The effort to reopen Kentucky Kingdom is getting some major support from former employees. Kentucky Kingdom in its prime was a water park full of visitors.
After seeing the park in its current condition and see potential buyers come and go, former employees Rob House and Daniel English have had enough.
"We are trying to stir attention right now. Get as many former employees and pass holders on board just to understand what could be happening in the park's future," said Daniel English.
"We want to show the decision makers that there is no lack of interest in Kentucky kingdom. It's been closed for three years but the people around the state want to the see the park reopened and that's the whole purpose of us doing this," said Rob House.
They both worked at the park in the mid 90's. This week they launched the facebook page Save Kentucky Kingdom and a website Save My Park.
On it, former employees and visitors share their fond memories. The page has more than a thousand fans in just a week. But it's more than a look back, it's a plan to reopen it.
"The whole point of this is to show the decision makers that there is a huge interest in seeing a reopened Kentucky kingdom. This is a state asset and in my mind belongs to the taxpayers and the taxpayers want to see the park reopened," said House.
They hope the show of support attracts potential buyers and sends a message to local leaders. It comes at a critical time when new bids are being accepted.
The State Fair Board has recently opened the process for submitting proposals and that will go on until October 19. After that they will select the top three bidders and the negotiating will begin.
So far a group led by former park operator Ed Hart has decided to make a $40 million proposal. No other potential buyers are known at this time. For Daniel and Rob, they just want an owner that shares their vision that this can happen again.