LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) -- A Louisville man will remain behind bars after the killing of 19-year-old Frank Coleman in May 2011.
Robert Norris had asked for shock probation but on Wednesday, July 17, a judge denied that request.
The victim, Frank Coleman, was just 19-years-old when he was shot to death on Woodlawn in Louisville in 2011.
The victim knew the suspect and the pair had been arguing shortly before the shooting. The victim's mother told the court that Norris needed to stay in prison
“Your honor I ask you to please, please do not let Kyle Norris out of jail,” Coleman’s mother said.
Robert Norris also goes by the name Kyle. He is serving a five year sentence for reckless homicide for the shooting death of Coleman.
Norris' attorney told the court that he should be shock probated because his young son recently had heart surgery and his grandfather also died not too long ago.
Norris' attorney says he'd been "shocked" into leading a better life since being in prison. Coleman's mother has a different view of the situation.
Norris is set to be released in 2014. This evening he is back in prison.