Hearing postponed for soldier charged with murder

Hearing postponed for soldier charged with murder

Hearing postponed for soldier charged with murder

Print
Email
|

by Associated Press

WHAS11.com

Posted on May 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Updated Wednesday, May 8 at 10:00 PM

   FORT KNOX, Ky. (AP) -- A hearing for a U.S. Army soldier charged with murder in the shooting death of a Fort Knox civilian employee has been postponed.
 
   Fort Knox spokesman Kyle Hodges says Sgt. Marquinta Jacobs will appear May 29 and 30 for an Article 32 hearing. That is similar to a grand jury meeting in civilian court, but the defendant is allowed to be present.
 
   The hearing had been set for Wednesday.
 
   Jacobs is accused of killing 51-year-old Lloyd Gilbert on April 3. According to investigators, the 36-year-old soldier approached Gilbert in a parking lot near the building where Gilbert worked. Witnesses said the two argued before Jacobs struck Gilbert and then fired at him with a .45-caliber handgun.
 
   Jacobs was arrested the following day in Portland, Tenn., where his mother lives.
 

Print
Email
|