Headstone donated for family killed in March 2 tornadoes

Print
Email
|

by Maggie Ruper

WHAS11.com

Posted on July 1, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Updated Sunday, Jul 1 at 11:46 PM

(WHAS11) -- A donated headstone now marks the grave site of the Babcock family of Pekin, Ind., nearly four months after a tornado tragedy.

All five were killed after the devastating March 2 tornadoes that tore through Kentuckiana.

“Well we've just been taking it one day at a time. That's all you can do really,” said Jack Brough.

Brough lost his daughter, 20-year-old Moriah Brough, her boyfriend, 21-year-old Joseph Babcock and their three children, including Angel. The 14-month-old was found alive in a field before she was taken off life support two days later.

“I deal with it in a good way because I have to. There are no shortcuts or corners for me,” said Brough.

Brough recalled the moment he said his granddaughter went to heaven.

“Her little arms just went straight up in the air. It was astonishing. I mean, just as she started to do that I could just see somebody picking angel up,” said Brough.

Brough said he misses seeing his daughter every day.

“To me, Moriah is so much alive. I feel her presence everyday,” said Brough.

The grave site where the family is buried in Salem was only visible by five small markers until last month.

Print
Email
|