(NEWS RELEASE) -- The Better Business Bureau, serving Louisville, Southern Indiana, and Western Kentucky has named its top area businesses for which it processed the most unanswered/unresolved complaints and serious complaints in 2013.
Each company has an "F" rating with the BBB. This is a distinction no business should want. BBB President and CEO, Charlie Mattingly, says, "This list of businesses shows why it is wise to get a BBB Business Review before you do business." This year's BBB list includes the following businesses (in order by number of unanswered/unresolved complaints):
1. Spin Office Solutions, 1205 Brown Street, Paducah, KY
(17 unanswered/unresolved complaints - 4 serious) - Complaints from businesses against this company are consistent with the sale of office supplies that employ deceptive telemarketing tactics. Business owners from across the country say they received a call from the owner of this company, saying her and her husband were relocating to be closer to their elderly parents and they needed to liquidate their stock, selling office supplies at cost. One business owner complains he/she ordered $50 worth of supplies and received an invoice for $3300.
2. Intoxicated Chocolates, 7535 Turner Ridge Road, Crestwood, KY
(16 unanswered/unresolved complaints) - Consumers from across the country complain they bought a Groupon for this company and placed orders online. They say, after placing the order, they received emails saying the company had undergone a change in ownership and would be resuming production soon. The company website, www.Intoxicatedchocolates.com no longer works. Consumers say the company will not respond to emails or phone calls.
3. Warranty Logistics, 11201 Electron Drive, Louisville, KY
(13 unanswered/unresolved complaints) - Consumers complain they send their electronics in to this company to be repaired and they receive the products back still not working. One consumer says a Nintendo 3DS she sent in for repair was sent back unrepaired.
4. Empire Data Technologies, 2305 Hurstbourne Village Drive, Ste. 800, Louisville, KY (12 unanswered/unresolved complaints) - Business owners from across the country complain that this hosting service will not answer phone calls, emails, or customer help tickets. Business owners also complain that when they try to close their account, their credit card continues to be charged.
5. Brandi's Boutique Shop, 119 N 3rd Street, Bardstown, KY
(8 unanswered/unresolved complaints) - Consumers from across the country complain they ordered products from the company, were charged immediately, but they never received their orders. They say the company will not return phone calls.
6. Carpet RX of Louisville, 302 Chippendale Court, Louisville, KY
(8 unanswered/unresolved complaints) - Local consumers say they purchased a Groupon to have duct work and dryer vents cleaned. Consumers complain the company showed up late, did not stay a sufficient amount of time to clean the duct work or vents, and were rude. One consumer complains the company was there 15 minutes to clean two rooms and 12 stairs.
7. 4everylife.com, 223 N. Francke Road, Henryville, IN
(7 unanswered/unresolved complaints) - Consumers across the country complain they ordered items from the company, their credit card was immediately charged, but they never received their orders. Consumers also say the company would not return phone calls or emails.
8. 7 Pillars Carpet Cleaning, 6128 Summers Creek Drive, Louisville, KY
(7 unanswered/unresolved complaints) - Local consumers complain the company does shoddy work. When the company returns to re-do a job, consumers complain they are rude. One consumer complains the business did not wax his hardwood floors properly, allowing hair to be glued down to the floor.
9. Louisville Deck and Driveway, 2436 Weber Lane, Louisville, KY (mail returned)
(13 unanswered/unresolved complaints) - Local consumers say the company arrives late, does shoddy work, and does not finish a job. Consumers say the owner of the company says he will return to finish the job, but that he must be paid in full now. Consumers who pay in full say the company does not come back to finish the job, as promised, and will not return phone calls.
10. Imperial Insurance Restoration & Remodeling, 2957 South 7th St. Road, Louisville, KY (4 unanswered/unresolved complaints - 2 are serious) - Local consumers complain they hired this company to do insurance work. Consumers say they paid the company for the work, but then received a letter from another company saying that Imperial faltered on their contract and a lien would be filed against the owner's home unless the company was paid in full.
11. Pennington Hardwoods, 4416 Bud Prather Road, Sellersburg, IN
(3 unanswered/unresolved complaints - all serious) - Consumers from across the country complain they paid the company outrageous amounts for shipping, but the company apparently never paid the carrier. Therefore, the customer gets another invoice from the carrier for shipping that they thought they already paid. The company won't return phone calls.
BBB Business Reviews provide key information about a business, including the business's rating and the number and nature of complaints filed with the BBB. A company is not legally obligated to respond to complaints filed with the BBB. However, most companies respond and take proper action to satisfy customer complaints. Get a BBB Business Review at www.bbb.org, or call 1-800-388-2222.