LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — The National Corvette Museum is considering keeping a sinkhole that swallowed eight Corvettes as an attraction because of the additional attendance it's generated.
Museum spokeswoman Katie Frassinelli recently told The Courier-Journal (http://cjky.it/1grr6Gc) that attendance at the museum located in Bowling Green, Kentucky, rose 56 percent in March and 48 percent last month after the 40-foot sinkhole formed Feb. 12.
Current visitors can see the sinkhole and museum officials are considering installing a glass floor or bridge above the hole. Frassinelli said stairs that would take visitors into the hole are also being considered.
Workers exhumed the last of the eight Corvettes in March. The sinkhole happened when the museum was closed, and no one was injured.
Information from: The Courier-Journal, http://www.courier-journal.com