COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Investigators are offering little new information about the unsolved massacre of eight family members in Ohio as the anniversary of their deaths approaches, but the state attorney general says "significant progress" has been made.
Attorney General Mike DeWine said Thursday that investigators believe people still aren't being forthcoming with their information on last year's killings out of fear their unrelated criminal activity could incriminate them.
DeWine emphasized that his office's focus is on the homicide investigation. He says investigators will be fair when people come forward.
Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader says investigators are getting closer and justice will be served eventually.
On April 22, 2016, investigators found seven adults and a teenage boy from the Rhoden family shot to death at four homes near Piketon, in southern Ohio.
© 2017 Associated Press