Notorious Louisville sex offender allegedly strikes again


by Adam Walser

Posted on September 13, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Updated Wednesday, Nov 6 at 11:14 AM

(WHAS11) -- James Ford, a registered sex offender we have done several stories about in recent years is in trouble again.
He's accused of sexually abusing a teenager he met on a TARC bus.
You might recall back in 2009, when the city frantically searched for a missing teen.
It turned out that the boy spent seven hours with Ford, who abused the boy after promising him a job while posing as a Waffle House manager.
Police say that Ford, who spent time in prison, has been released and is back up to his same old tricks.
“I was on the TARC playing on my phone, listening to music when he sat down beside me and started talking about this job,” said the 18 year-old alleged victim, describing the attack.
The victim says he was on the way to work on the bus when he was approached by James Ford, who had a job offer.
“He was the GM at a place called Jones Plastic and they make $14 an hour. He had just fired five people the day before and he was looking to hire some people,” said the victim. Jones Plastic says that he was never employed by the company in any capacity.
After a 10 minute interview, the teen was told he had the job.
Ford allegedly told the teen to get off the bus and walk with him to the company to pick up his uniform.
“We was walking for about an hour and a half, two hours. And that's when I knew something was up,” said the teen.
Ford then allegedly took the boy to a convenience store, where he bought beer.
A police report says that Ford then reach into the teen's pants and attempted to touch him. The teen ran away.
Ford was arrested in September of 2009 for sex abuse.
At that time, Ford sparked a citywide search for a missing 16-year-old boy after he pretended to be a Waffle House manager and lured two boys away from Liberty High school with a job offer.
“He was like ya'll are hired. I'm gonna get ya'lls uniforms. I was like, how are we hired? We didn't fill out an application or nothing,” said one of his victims at the time.
We learned at the time that Ford had approached other boys in Louisville and New Albany.
“He was gonna pay him $14 dollars an hour. There's a $50 sign-on bonus,” the mother of another alleged victim said at the time.
“Talking about I can get you hired on in one day. All you have to do is fill out an application,” said  New Albany teen.
Ford was released from prison for those crimes.
His latest victim says he still comes across as believable as the last time he was charged.
“He just sounded like he was real religious. And he had a Bible with him. Reading verses out the the Bible and stuff,” the victim said.
Ford was released in January several months before his sentence was completed  as part of a new program in Kentucky in which non-violent inmates are released early.
The program is aimed at saving the Commonwealth money.