Southern Ind. fire ruled an accident

Print
Email
|

by Doug Proffitt

WHAS11.com

Posted on February 12, 2013 at 6:38 PM

CRAWFORD COUNTY, Ind. (WHAS11) -- Investigators have ruled that the fire that killed five people in Southern Indiana was an accident. 

The Indiana State Fire Marshal's Office said the fire at a mobile home in English was started by a wood burning stove. Three adults and two children were killed when the fire broke out overnight.

Investigators said that they believed the family was using the stove to stay warm. The coroner's office said that all five died of smoke inhalation.

Print
Email
|