SOUTHEAST, Ind. (NEWS RELEASE) —Pavement repairs, bridge work and paving operations forecasted for the Week of August 10 along Interstate 65 between Seymour and Scottsburg will require the following lane or ramp closures:
• Southbound I-65 right lane at mile marker 50.0
• Southbound I-65 exit ramp to eastbound U.S. Highway 50
• Westbound U.S. 50 on-ramp to Southbound I-65
• Southbound I-65 left lane at mile marker 33.0 (closed Monday to Wednesday)
• Southbound I-65 right lane at mile marker 34.0 (closed Wednesday to Friday)
• Northbound I-65 right lane at mile marker 34.0
Indiana Department of Transportation’s $54.7 million district pavement project is repairing and resurfacing 21 miles of pavement on I-65 between State Road 56 in Scott County and U.S. 50 in Jackson County. John R. Jurgensen Company, the state’s prime contractor, is also overseeing rehabilitation of 20 bridges within the construction zone.
Crews are working 24 hours a day from Sunday evening through midday Friday. A 45 mph speed limit is being enforced where workers are present.