(WHAS11) -- Louisville Lightning Soccer Team and YUM! Brands have teamed up to host the Dare to Care Food Bank Kids Café We Can Camps.
The camps give kids a place to go to learn and brush up on soccer skills. Kids participate in drills, footwork, teamwork and other get a host of healthy lifestyle tips.
The Summer 2012 camp plan is as follows:
- Newburg camp – June 11-13, 2-4 p.m. 15-20 kids
- Shawnee camp – June 18-20, 2-4 p.m. 15-20 kids
- Americana camp – June 26-28, 2-4 p.m. 25-30 kids
- Neighborhood House camp – dates still TBD – probably early fall
- Team We CAN will host an open-to-the-public We Can Camp end of season Celebration - Date TBA!
Annette Ball with Dare to Care Food Bank said, “Dare to Care is thrilled to have the We Can Camps offered at Kids Cafes! This is an exciting opportunity for the children to learn new skills, get moving, and learn more about being healthy. Having this physical activity combined with the nutritious meals is a great way to help achieve Dare to Care’s mission of leading the community to feed the hungry and conquer the cycle of need.”