LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) – Officials with Jefferson County Public Schools says parents will have an opportunity to learn more about the new W.E.B. DuBois Academy which is scheduled to open next school year.
Principal Robert Gunn will hold a series of parents’ nights for prospective students and their families who are interested in being a part of the district’s new program.
The academy plans to offer a multicultural curriculum that will feature the history of African-Americans.
Officials plan to enroll 150 males for its inaugural class and will also focus on teamwork and leadership building in what Principal Gunn says will be “committed to the values of compassion, respect and responsibility.”
The sessions will take place on:
- December 4—Wilder Elementary (1913 Herr Lane), 6:30 p.m.
- December 5—Louisville Urban League (1535 W. Broadway), 6 p.m.
- December 7—Mill Creek Elementary (3816 Dixie Highway), 6 p.m.
- December 11—Brandeis Elementary (2817 W. Kentucky Street), 6 p.m.
- December 12—Greenwood Elementary (5801 Greenwood Road), 5:30 p.m.
For more information and how to apply, click here.
© 2017 WHAS-TV