(WHAS11) -- Test scores have been released for Jefferson County Public Schools based on the newly-adopted Common Core State Standards.
As a whole, the district ranks in the bottom 25% of the state.
This is a new ranking and grading system, so schools were warned results may trend lower than usual. Distinguished schools are the 90-100th percentile. Proficient schools are 70th-89th percentile and schools that need improvement are below the 70th percentile.
The attachment provides a statewide summary of the following items:
• Overall and Component Scores
• Achievement Performance Level Percentages by Content for ELEMENTARY
• Achievement Performance Level Percentages by Content for MIDDLE
• Achievement Performance Level Percentages by Content for HIGH
• Percent of Non-Duplicated Gap Group Students Scoring Proficient/Distinguished
• Percent of Students Showing Growth
• College/Career Readiness (CCR) Rate
• Graduation Rate
• Number of Schools by Classification
• Number of Schools by Rewards and Assistance Category
• Number of Districts by Classification
• Number of Districts by Rewards and Assistance Category