LEXINGTON, Ky. (WHAS11) – Students and staff on the campus of the University of Kentucky had a scare Monday afternoon as a gas leak caused an evacuation.
Construction crews working on new campus housing at the Haggin Hall dorm accidentally hit a natural gas line.
Several buildings were evacuated although many were not on campus due to the summer break. The all-clear was given around 2:30 p.m.
There were no injuries reported.
UK is in the middle of major construction as it is opening new dorms for students this year.