Dishon defense files for motion of recues, arraignment continued

Print
Email
|

by Amy Stallings

WHAS11.com

Posted on October 14, 2013 at 4:12 PM

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) -- The man indicted two weeks ago for the murder of a Bullitt County teen back more than 13 years ago was supposed to be arraigned on murder and kidnapping charges Monday, but that changed when his defense team filed a motion to recues the judge.

A grand jury indicted Jessica Dishon’s uncle, Stanley Dishon, earlier this month for the 1999 death of the 17-year-old.

Jessica Dishon when missing from her driveway Sept. 10, 1999 and was later found beaten to death in a wooded area not far from her Shepherdsville home. Police said she was also sexually assaulted.

Fast-forward 12 years later "really reliable tips" lead police to who they said is the real killer, Stanley Dishon, Jessica's paternal uncle.

Police originally charged two brothers with the teen's murder. David "Bucky" Brooks and Joseph "Tommy" Brooks were indicted in connection with Jessica Dishon's death back in 2001. Bucky was the main suspect, charged with murder and kidnapping. Tommy was charged with tampering with physical evidence. Both men were later found to have no connection to the murder.

“We filed a motion to recues based on the judge’s prior presentation of Det. Mann on the original trial which was for Bucky Brooks,” Melanie Foote Hollingsworth, Stanley Dishon’s attorney, said.

Police said they worked round the clock for the past six months to prepare for an indictment against Stanley Dishon, who was already serving time for a different crime. 

Stanley Dishon was also indicted in August on rape and sexual abuse charges for a separate case dating back to 1982.

 

Download the WHAS11 News App:
iPhone -->
http://bit.ly/12Keh1A

Android --> http://bit.ly/1aPtc4J

Print
Email
|