(WHAS11) -- More than 350 people were without power in Louisville's Okolona neighborhood Saturday after a squirrel got into a transformer causing it to explode.
According to LG&E, a power line caught fire, then sparked, causing the fire to spread to a nearby utility pole.
Firefighters believe a squirrel caused a power surge that sparked a small fire in one home, and blew out the electrical box in another around 8:15 a.m. Saturday in the 3600 block of Foreman Lane.
"Unfortunately we did have a squirrel that was a fatality here at the scene, it was actually the culprit," said Okolona Fire Department Fire Marshal Mike Allengorf. "He got up into it, I guess he just touched a couple of wires he shouldn't have touched and was electrocuted and was found at the base of it."
No one was hurt, but there were three homes directly impacted by the power surge.
At the height of the power outage, 363 LG&E customers were without power and some traffic lights went out. All power was restored to the neighborhood around 3 p.m., according to LG&E.