LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) – A science experiment gone wrong sparked a fire which damaged a Louisville apartment building.
It happened in the 500 block of Wimbelton Court where fire officials say some children were lighting candles to see how quickly they would burn.
One of the children knocked over a candle resulting in the fire.
The kids alerted their parents and called 911. Everyone made it out of the house safely.
Officials say one apartment was badly damaged.
The apartment where the fire happened didn’t have a working smoke detector.