Propane heater causes extensive damage to a Columbus, Ind. home

Print
Email
|

by WHAS11.com

WHAS11.com

Posted on March 23, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Updated Monday, Mar 24 at 11:51 AM

COLUMBUS, Ind. (WHAS11) – A propane heater bursting into flames led to a massive fire at a Columbus, Ind. home.

The Columbus Fire Department says a woman inside the home on 23rd Street tried to put the fire out with blankets but the fire only spread to a couch and a table.

Eventually, some propane cylinders on the porch exploded.

Fortunately, the woman and other person made it out of the home safely.

The fire caused about $50,000 worth of damage.
 

Print
Email
|