Search for evidence crosses county lines in William Gibson case

Print
Email
|

by Adam Walser

WHAS11.com

Posted on June 20, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Updated Wednesday, Jun 20 at 5:14 PM

STARLIGHT, Ind. (WHAS11) -- The search for new evidence in the case of accused serial killer William Clyde Gibson, III has crossed county lines.
 
New Albany Police have spent the past several days searching the Clark County property where Gibson once lived.
 
They spent the day Wednesday digging in Starlight, Ind.
 
The area of interest was near the site where Gibson rented a single-wide mobile home with his girlfriend during a six-month period in 1999 and 2000.
 
"He's claiming he has two bodies here. They're four feet deep and he's buried the identifications and stuff in a plastic bag," property owner Mike Missi said.
 
Missi said investigators have been on his property five times in recent days.
 
He said Gibson, his father's former tenant, accompanied police during two visits.
 
"When they brought him here, he was in a regular car. He got out. He was very cooperative. They walked him there, walked him into the woods," Missi said.
 
The original search area was in a patch of woods several hundred feet from where the trailer once stood.
 
"It's like a creek bottom. There's an area where it splits off. That's where they're looking," Missi said.
 
After hours of searching failed to turn up anything, investigators moved their search to the area directly behind where the mobile home once sat, but left four hours later - failing to find anything there.
 
Gibson, so far, is charged with killing three women between 2002 and April of this year.
 
He faces a possible death penalty in two of those cases.

Print
Email
|