LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- The amount drivers will pay to cross the Ohio River after the completion of the Ohio River Bridges Project was finalized Wednesday.
As expected in that vote, tolls were overwhelmingly approved.
Electronic tolls are planned for new bridges downtown and east of Louisville as well as the existing Kennedy Bridge. Rates will vary depending on the size of the vehicle, as well as if the car has a transponder.
- Transponder: $2
- Registered License Plates: $3
- Non-Registered License Plate: $4
- Transponder: $5
- Registered License Plates: $6
- Non-Registered License Plate: $7
- Transponder: $10
- Registered License Plates: $11
- Non-Registered License Plate: $12
There is a frequent user rate of $1 for cars with a transponder. That rate is eligible for commuters who cross the bridges 40 times a month.
Joe Arnold is following this story and will have much more on our evening newscasts.