Ky. woman sets apartment on fire while attempting to kill bed bugs

Print
Email
|

by WHAS11

WHAS11.com

Posted on June 30, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Updated Sunday, Jul 1 at 12:01 AM

(WHAS11) -- One Kentucky woman accidentally set fire to her apartment while trying to get rid of bed bugs in her home.

Firefighters in Carlisle, Kentucky say a woman doused her couch in alcohol in an attempt to kill bed bugs.  Then, she accidentally dropped a cigarette onto the couch, which started a fire at her apartment complex last night.

Everyone who lived at the complex was able to make it out okay but about 30 people lost their homes.

Four people were treated for smoke inhalation.
 

Print
Email
|