Jessica Dishon's father speaks out on brother's arrest


by Renee Murphy

Posted on May 28, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Updated Wednesday, May 28 at 7:14 PM

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) -- It was a brutal crime unsolved for 15 years.

17 year old Jessica Dishon was last seen in her driveway in Bullitt County then found days later. For the first time we are hearing from her father about his own brother being charged with the killing and from the man police once believed committed the crime.

The suspect, Stanley Dishon, appeared in court this afternoon.  Prosecutors and defense attorneys were talking about items they wanted tested for DNA and if evidence used against the man who was once charged with the crime can be used again.
That man was in court today for the hearing where the charges once filed against him were discussed.

“I’m feeling better,” said David “Bucky” Brooks.

Brooks was once tried in the courthouse for a murder he says he didn't commit.
Authorities at one time thought he killed 17 year old Jessica Dishon. His case ended in a mistrial now police say he was never involved in the crime.

We asked him if there were any hard feelings about what happened to him. His answer, “no.”

While prosecutors and police don't believe Brooks was involved in the crime Jessica Dishon's father - Mike Dishon- still does.

“I still say Bucky Brooks was involved because all the evidence we had on him before they should have now I still think he's involved,” said Mike Dishon.

But the man police say committed the murder is Mike Dishon's own brother - Stanley.
He is charged with the crime after prison informants say Stanley confessed the crime to them.

“Stanley was getting out of prison and all of a sudden they come up with a murder charge,” said Mike Dishon.

Stanley Dishon was in prison on unrelated charges. A Prison informant told police about sheets that matched Jessica's bed in a barn off Greenwell Ford Road.

“I've seen the picture of the pillow slip and it looks like Jessica’s comforter,” said Mike Dishon.

 The informant says Stanley told them the sheets were there and they were Jessica's and that Stanley kept her in this barn for days and tortured her.
Police found the sheets in April.