LOUISVILLE, KY (Wednesday, July 21, 2010) – HullabaLOU Music Festival announced a wide variety of food offerings to be served during the three day festival July 23 – 25. The festival will feature a culinary mix of local and regional favorites, combined with a variety of options created by Levy Restaurants, the official restaurateurs at Churchill Downs.
General Admission Concessions:
Some of the best fast casual restaurants in Louisville have agreed to participate in HullabaLOU, adding local flavor to concessions offered in the Infield. Restaurants vendors include:
• Big Momma’s Soul Kitchen: A West Louisville favorite, Big Momma’s will dish up their famous fried chicken, meatloaf, fried chicken and meatloaf sandwiches, and sides like mac-n-cheese, green beans and coleslaw.
• BoomBozz Pizza: This gourmet Louisville pizzeria will offer slices of cheese, pepperoni and house-made sausage pizza.
• Beef O’Brady’s: With 12 locations in the Kentuckiana area, Beef O’Brady’s knows Louisville flavor and will serve their buffalo fried chicken sandwich and boneless wings in hot, medium and honey BBQ flavors.
• Famous Dave’s: This legendary barbecue restaurant will dish up rib platters (St. Louis style or rib tips), and Georgia-chopped pork and BBQ chicken sandwiches.
• KingFish: A popular Louisville seafood restaurant, KingFish will serve their famous fish sandwiches, coleslaw and fries.
• Mercier Orchards: This Blue Ridge, Georgia-based orchard is serving deep-fried peach and apple pie, fruit slushies made with fruit fresh and caramel apples.
• Shiraz: Shiraz Mediterranean Grill, a Louisville favorite, is grilling their popular beef, chicken and vegetable kabobs, all served with naan bread
• Salsarita’s Fresh Cantina: Nachos, quesadillas and tacos will be made to order from this fresh Mexican cantina.
The Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen will be there scooping up cool treats for festival goers.
A wide variety of other foods will also be offered at HullabaLOU, including but not limited to tasty vegetable wraps, Bison Burgers, Cuban-pressed sandwiches, Turkey legs and Niman Ranch bourbon sausage served with bourbon mustard, and many other dishes prepared by Levy Restaurants and the HullabaLOU catering staff.
Fans in the Jockey Club Suites will enjoy menus created by Levy Restaurants Executive Chef Joseph “Jo-Jo” Doyle that play to the three headlining acts – Bon Jovi, Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews.
• Bon Jovi: During Bon Jovi’s opening night performance, guests will be treated to the “One Wild Night” menu featuring Blaze of Glory entrees and sides such as the Seville marinated thin sliced short ribs with toasted sesame seeds and cilantro sprigs.
• Kenny Chesney: For Kenny Chesney’s set, Chef Doyle has created the “When the Sun Goes Down” evening menu featuring barbecue shrimp and grits, made with Wiesenberger Mills special blend grits and cheddar cheese.
• Dave Matthews Band: On the final night, Dave Matthews Band fans will enjoy the “Under the Table and Dreaming” evening menu featuring dishes such as the Niman Ranch Grilled Sirloin with garlic mashed potatoes and pomegranate demi glaze.
Guests with Reserve and VIP Reserve tickets will also have access to an exclusive Lounge area adjacent to the HullabaLOU Main Stage offering a featured bar and dishes such as chicken chimichurri flatbreads, vegetable and fruit skewers, deli sandwiches and wraps, grilled chicken sandwiches, burgers and more.
The HullaBREEZE, the official and signature drink of the festival, will be served in a 16 ounce commemorative cup, made with vodka, cranberry juice, and lemonade, and finished with raspberry liqueur. The mint julep, a Churchill Downs staple made with bourbon, simple syrup, crushed ice and fresh mint, will also be available throughout the grounds.