SANTA CLAUS, Ind. (WHAS11) -- Next May a Southern Indiana amusement park will look a little different as the owners said they plan to expand and add new attractions.
Holiday World announced Friday they will "add a classic swinging ship ride" named the Mayflower to its Thanksgiving-themed section of the park. The ride will hold ups to 60 riders and swing 54 feet in the air over a pool of water.
Park president, Matt Eckert, said Holiday World has a few projects set for 2014.
Projects for 2014 include:
- Friday Night Fireworks (Friday evenings from June 13 through August 1)
- Extended Splashin’ Safari hours
- Summer Fun Card program, for multi-day summer visits
- New restaurant and shop in Splashin’ Safari
- Covered-bridge entry to Thanksgiving section
- More cabanas
- Additional benches and shade structures
- Parking lot improvements
Eckert said the improvements will cost about $8 million and the cost will not translate to an increase in ticket prices.
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari will reopen to the public on September 14 and 15 after being closed this weekend for private outings. Happy Halloween Weekends begin September 21.
Click here to be redirected to the Holiday World website.