LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS111) -- Four o'clock Friday afternoon - that's the deadline to submit proposals to reopen and run Kentucky Kingdom.
The state opened the process last month and said they hope to find someone who can take over the run down park without relying on state funds.
State officials did not say how many proposals have been submitted, but we do know of at least one. Former Kentucky Kingdom operator Ed Hart is heading up a group that has submitted a proposal.
Hart ran the park for nearly a decade before selling it to Six Flags. Kentucky Kingdom closed in 2009.
We also know Six Flags executives were in Louisville last month touring the property and they may submit a proposal by the 4 p.m. deadline.
Once the submission process is closed, officials said the hope to have a new operator named by the end of the year.