Firefighters say burning candle started fire in west Louisville apartment

Print
Email
|

by WHAS11

WHAS11.com

Posted on June 19, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Updated Tuesday, Jun 19 at 9:20 PM

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) -- An apartment in west Louisville is believed to be a total loss after a late morning fire Tuesday.

The fire broke out in an apartment on top of a garage at 32nd and Muhammad Ali around 11:30.

Two people and a dog were home at the time, all got out safely.

A man in the apartment was treated at the scene for possible smoke inhalation but he was not taken to the hospital.

Firefighters say the two were asleep when the woman smelled smoke. They say the fire started around the bed.

Firefighters say the fire started around the bed and was caused by a burning candle. Firefighters say they did not find any smoke detectors.
 

Print
Email
|