LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) -- Firefighters and Police responded to a mobile home fire on Thursday afternoon on Greenfield Avenue.
Bardstown Fire Department Chief, Marlin Howard, said he suspects the fire sparked after a dryer caught fire inside the mobile home.
He said the home sustained heavy damage from smoke and fire, but no one was hurt.
The owner of the mobile home, Lynn Ballard, and her son were not present at the time of the fire.
Bardstown Police Deputy Chief, Neal Pyle, said when firefighters arrived there was already flames and smoke coming from the mobile home.
Upon arriving to the scene, Chief Howard did a walk-through of the mobile home to ensure no one was inside.
Howard said the floor of the mobile home collapsed while firefighters were inside, but no one was hurt.
Pyle said firefighters will remain on the scene, keeping check of hot spots.
The Red Cross will be assisting the homeowner sift through the damage for belongings.