Dairy Queen shake poisoned in Colo.

Print
Email
|

by WHAS editors

WHAS11.com

Posted on August 24, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Louisville, Ky. (WHAS11) - A Colorado mother got a whole lot more than she bargained for from a local Dairy Queen after the milk shake she bought for her son contained deadly chemicals.

The vanilla syrup crothco reportedly contained floor cleaner and degreaser concentrate. Degreaser concentrate is a strong cleaner containing sodium hydroxide that, when ingested, can cause burns, vomiting, even shock.

The owner of that Dairy Queen said the container was soaking in the chemicals when an employee picked it up, thinking it was clean.

This comes just days after a Utah woman's fast food drink was poisoned with lye in a similar accident.

Print
Email
|