CHARLESTOWN, Ind. (WHAS11) -- A fire that broke out in the garage of a home in Charlestown spread to the main living area is contained.
The fire started around 3:45 a.m. at a home in the 4500 block of Stoneview Drive. We have learned the garage was not attached to the house but was in very close proximity and the flames jumped from the garage to the home.
Firefighters said two people, five dogs and a cat were inside the home when the blaze broke out and all made it out safely.
A relative of the homeowners told WHAS11's Johnny Archer the dogs began barking, which woke the homeowners and that's when the were alerted to the fire.