Restaurant employee in stable condition after explosion in S. Ind.

Print
Email
|

by WHAS11.com

WHAS11.com

Posted on February 16, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Updated Monday, Feb 17 at 1:02 PM

CLARKSVILLE, Ind. (WHAS11) – An explosion at the bar inside a Clarksville restaurant injured two employees Sunday evening, Feb. 16.

One of the employees was sent to the hospital with multiple cuts. He is in stable condition as of Monday morning.

Clarksville dispatchers said a keg of beer exploded just before 6 p.m., but a manager at Famous Dave’s on Veteran's Parkway said he believes a thin carbon dioxide tank with a hole in it caused the blast.

Another employee was injured in the explosion.

The manager said the restaurant will be closed until at least Monday afternoon when the health department comes for inspection.

“This is a first time deal, and it’s kind of a bad ordeal, but it’s the first time this has happened,” Manager Gerald Hobbs said.

No guests were hurt in the explosion.

 

Print
Email
|