Child burned after ingesting meth ingredient in Ohio Co., Ky.

Print
Email
|

by AP

WHAS11.com

Posted on June 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM

HARTFORD, Ky. (AP) -- Authorities say a 2-year-old western Kentucky girl is in critical condition at a Louisville hospital after ingesting an ingredient used to make methamphetamine.
 
The Ohio County sheriff's office says the girl suffered chemical burns to her lips, mouth, tongue and esophagus.
 
Police say the mother of the child, Racheal Arroyo, and her boyfriend, Jared McStoots, brought her to a local hospital Saturday and stated they did not know what she had ingested. That night she was airlifted to Kosair Hospital in Louisville.
 
Police determined that the child had ingested sulfuric acid drain opener.
 
WFIE-TV in Evansville reports Arroyo and McStoots were arrested and charged with controlled substance endangerment to a child and wanton endangerment.
 
Kentucky State Police found evidence of meth being manufactured at the home.

 

Print
Email
|