LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) – Residents in one South Louisville neighborhood had a scare after a natural gas leak Sunday.
Firefighters were called to Vetter Avenue just before noon after neighbors complained of smelling gas.
Fire officials say a hole was in the gas main and 6 homes had to be evacuated.
In addition to Sunday’s leak, residents also dealt with downed power lines Saturday night.
“All of our lights went out last night. It was just a mess. We don't know if it was caused by fireworks somebody was shooting off fireworks last night too and it just started sparking and everything,” resident Sara Radcliffe said.
Hazmat officials were called to test the air. LG&E officials had the gas turned off so they could detect the hole.