An allegedly bold prankster and a princess who isn't living up to her name make the list:
1. Cops: We got pizza-pranked by guy in jail cell: Ordering pizza and having it delivered to somebody else isn't the most inspired of pranks, but you've got to factor in time and place. If a prankster makes the call from behind bars and the pizzas go to his arresting officer, for example. Just make sure the targets have a sense of humor, or felony charges await.
2. Romanian princess: I ran cockfighting ring: "Romanian princess" and "cockfighting" probably aren't the two terms you were expecting to hear together, but Irina Walker just made that happen — again. The 61-year-old daughter of the last king of Romania and her husband pleaded guilty to running an illegal gambling operation from their Oregon ranch.
3. Husband charged after knifing a watermelon: A Connecticut man is facing charges over his carving of a watermelon — although police say it was a menacing intent directed toward his wife that actually got him in trouble.
4. Cops: Guy's drone films windows of medical rooms: In the age of drones, maintaining privacy apparently requires drawing the blinds—even when on an upper floor of a hospital. The arrest of a "drone enthusiast" in Ulster, NY, made that clear.
5. Hauler dumps 2 tons of trash on customer's property: A bill dispute between a trash hauler and a customer in Minnesota has resulted in a huge mess, literally. The city of Red Wing fined local hauler Paul's Industrial Garage $1,800, plus cleanup fees, after authorities say the company dumped nearly 2 tons of garbage on a customer's driveway over an unpaid bill. A citation for unlawful dumping is expected next.
More crazy crimes are covered by Newser, a USA TODAY content partner providing general news, commentary and coverage from around the Web. Its content is produced independently of USA TODAY.