LINCOLN COUNTY, N.C. -- The man accused of assaulting a woman at a Lincoln County Walmart by putting her toes in his mouth will face a judge Thursday.
Michael Anthony Brown plans to enter a guilty plea at the Lincoln County courthouse.
At his first court appearance last month, Brown waived his right to a court appointed attorney.
Erika Porras, 40, was shopping at Walmart last month when police say Brown allegedly approached her and asked if he could help her try on shoes.
"He said, ‘Follow me to shoe department.’"
She thought he worked at the store and agreed to try on shoes when Brown told her he was a podiatry student, police say.
Erika's daughter Kattie told us, "He said, ‘I need to take a picture for research,’ and when he did, he stuck her foot in his mouth."
Realizing she was clearly upset, he tried to make amends.
"He said, ‘Sorry ma’am. Please, please, please.’"
He offered to pay for her groceries but she ran to call her husband and the police.
When NBC Charlotte showed her a picture from the store surveillance cameras, she teared up saying, "Oh yeah. Yeah, that’s him."
Brown, a registered sex offender, was convicted in 2001 for breaking into a house in his home town of Concord and sucking on another woman’s toes.
Other previous charges include separate assaults on females and filing a false report to police radio.
Along with the Walmart incident, Brown's criminal record includes a sex crimes conviction in 2001.