Firefighters blame 'rodent bomb' for house fire

Firefighters blame 'rodent bomb' for house fire

Firefighters blame 'rodent bomb' for house fire

Print
Email
|

by Associated Press

WHAS11.com

Posted on November 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Updated Monday, Nov 12 at 12:15 PM

PORTLAND -- Portland firefighters found a "rodent bomb" placed by a homeowner in his house's eves that sparked a one-alarm blaze.

The fire on Saturday was limited, but forced firefighters to cut holes in the house's roof.

Portland Fire and Rescue blames the rodent bomb for the fire.

The homeowner told firefighters he was trying to kill squirrels in the attic. The rodent bomb operated for about 30 minutes before the toxic gas dissipated and the homeowner stopped watching it.

Shortly thereafter, a neighbor told the homeowner his roof was on fire.

Print
Email
|