Find Robin's 1*2*3 Holiday MAGIC Challenge here.
Find local TV listings for "Southern Fried Fitness" and "The Robin Shea Show" on WS Radio at www.southernfriedfitness.tv.
Homemade NRG Bars
1 cup toasted or raw nuts (e.g., cashews, almonds, pistachios, walnuts), coarsely chopped
1/2 cup seeds ( green pumpkin seeds (pepitas, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds)
1/3 cup chopped dried fruit (any variety can include unsweetened coconut)
1/8 tsp. fine sea salt
1/4 cup brown rice syrup
(do not substitute honey for brown rice syrup- it will not work)
· Crisp rice cereal
· Dark chocolate pieces
· ¼ cup Almond butter (or other nut butter)
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil and lightly spray with (important steps)
2. In a medium bowl, combine the chopped nuts, seeds, and dried fruit.
3. Add the salt and syrup and stir to coat.
4. Dump mixture into prepared pan, press it out evenly.
Tip: A piece of foil coated with non-stick spray works great to press out mixture flat.
5. Bake for 18 minutes (bars will not be hard at this point). Let bars cool for 15 to 20 minutes - don’t cool completely). Use the sides of foil to lift the bars from the pan. Do not try to remove from foil—Cut into 8 bars.
6. When the bars are completely cooled they will lift off the foil. Wrap in parchment or wax paper and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.