Pheasant Under Glass
Chef Patrick Roney
Makers Mark and Cherry Relish
½ C shallots diced
1 C dried cherries diced
1 C Makers Mark Bourbon
½ C red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
1 T canola oil
- Over medium high heat sauté the shallots and cherries with the canola oil for 1 min.
- Add Makers and flambé (use caution…). Cook until the fire has dissipated.
- Add red wine vinegar and reduce for 30 seconds.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
Smoked Pheasant Aspic
2 C pheasant consommé
2 oz smoked pheasant breast diced
2 oz pheasant leg confit diced
1 T chopped chives
8 sheets silver leaf gelatin
1. Bloom the gelatin in cold water for 5 min.
2. Heat consommé until simmering
3. Add gelatin to warm consommé
4. Spread diced meats into a 8x11 baking dish
5. Pour consommé over meats and add chives
6. Refrigerate for 4 hours or up to 3 days
1 disk foie gras terrine, tourchon or pate
1 disk brioche toast
1 disk aspic
1 T Makers and cherry relish
1 pinch of your favorite micro green or baby herb
1 Makers Mark glass (optional)
1 blast cherry wood smoke (optional)
- Stack in order from bottom to top: brioche disk-aspic-foie gras on to your favorite small serving plate
- Toss micros and relish in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Place on top of your foie gras.
- Blast your smoke into the glass and rapidly place on top of your stack.
- Rush to the table and watch your guest’s reaction.