• 1 bunch fresh mint, chopped
• 1/4 cup lemon juice, from about 1 lemon
• 1/4 cup simple syrup
• Splash of almond extract (or amaretto, for adults)
• 2 cups watermelon balls, from about half a watermelon
• 2 cups cantaloupe balls, from about 1 cantaloupe
In a blender, combine mint, lemon juice, simple syrup, and amaretto. Blend until smooth.
In a large bowl, combine the watermelon and the cantaloupe. Add the vinaigrette and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
• 3 tablespoon olive oil
• 3/4 cup parmesan, grated
• 4 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise and grilled then put off to the side
• 1/4 cup parsley
• 3 cups spaghetti sauce
• 4 oz mozzarella cheese
• 12 oz ricotta cheese or dice up bell peppers, ½ c. mushrooms, ¼ c. onions, 1/2 c. yellow squash and ¼ c. pine nuts and sauté off together until tender.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet. Combine in a medium bowl, ricotta, 1/2 cup parmesan, parsley and 1 egg. Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of baking dish. Place several tablespoons of ricotta mixture or the vegetable mixture at end of slice of eggplant, roll up and place in baking dish. Continue to assemble remaining slices of zucchini. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce and top with mozzarella and 1/4 cup parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.