Sea Salt and Caramel Brownie Bites
Jody Dones Miller
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1- 3.5 oz Divine Coffee Milk Chocolate bar
- 1- 5.3 oz Divine Milk Chocolate Baking Bar
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1 bag of Kraft caramel square candy (unwrapped and cut in half)
· 2 to 3 teaspoons sea salt
· 1 package chocolate bark- melted
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9 x 12 x 1 1/2-inch baking pan.
Melt the butter and chocolate (coffee bar and baking bar) together in a medium bowl set over simmering water- stir frequently. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. In a large bowl, stir (do not beat) together the eggs, vanilla, and sugar. Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
In a medium bowl, sift together 1/2 cup of the flour, the baking powder, and salt and add to the chocolate mixture. Toss the remaining chocolate (7 oz) and the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour in a medium bowl and add them to the chocolate mixture. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
Bake for 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Don't overbake!
As soon as the brownies are out of the oven, break them up into pieces and stir (trust, me) until a “thick batter-like” consistency is achieved. Allow to cool.
Once the brownie mixture has cooled, take a caramel square and “form” brownie around it- covering it completely. Roll in your hands to make a neat, smooth ball. Place on a cookie sheet. Once all of the brownie balls have been made, place the cookie sheet in the freezer for at least an hour. Remove from the freezer and dip each ball in the chocolate bark one at a time. Sprinkle with sea salt while the chocolate is still wet. Allow time for the chocolate to harden and enjoy!!