The411: The Kentucky Pro Football Hall of Fame will have their induction ceremony on Friday, June 18th at the Lexington Opera House. The purpose of the Kentucky Pro Hall of Fame is to honor persons who have brought significant recognition to the state of Kentucky. I have confirmed that Jim Brown will be in Lexington to participate in the weekend of events and to receive the Blanton Collier Award.
This year's inductees are: Bill Arnsparger, Gary Shirk, Joe Jacoby, Cris Dishman and Yeremiah Bell. There's a special presentation for NFL Hall of Fame inductee Paul Hornung.
Below is a schedule of events. If you would like to participate and/or attend some of the events call 859-276-3488.
If you have an event send it to: The411@whas11.com.
NFLPA-KY CHAPTER’S Kentucky Pro Football Hall of Fame Weekend
June 17-19, 2010
Thursday, June 17, 2010
• Kentucky Pro Football Hall of Fame Party, Jessamine County Chamber of Commerce, Nicholasville, KY, 6:00pm
Friday, June 18, 2010
• Coca-Cola / Papa John’s Kids’ Day, Jessamine Co. Aquatic Center, 11:00am – 2:00pm
• Kentucky Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction at the Lexington Opera House featuring Hall of Fame Inductees and former NFL Players, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
• VIP Reception, location to be announced, 9:00pm – 11:00pm
Saturday, June 19, 2010
• Qualifying Round Shotgun start, Planters Row Golf Course, 7:30AM
• Shoot-Out (hole by hole elimination), 1:30 PM
• Awards ceremony 5:00 PM