Late BBC entertainer accused of abusing hundreds of teens

Late BBC entertainer accused of abusing hundreds of teens

Credit: Photograph: Michael Putland/Gett

Late BBC entertainer accused of abusing hundreds of teens

Print
Email
|

by Associated Press

WHAS11.com

Posted on October 26, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Updated Friday, Oct 26 at 8:49 AM

 LONDON (AP) -- UK police say officers have identified 300 potential victims of the late Jimmy Savile, the disgraced BBC entertainer now believed to be a predatory pedophile.
 
   Commander Peter Spindler said Thursday that officers had identified 300 potential victims so far -- including two men.
 
   He told reporters police had spoken to 130 people.
 
   Spindler said although most of the allegations relate to Savile, some also include other people who may still be living. He says no potential suspects had yet been arrested or questioned.
 
   The BBC has been rocked by allegations that Savile sexually abused underage teens over several decades, sometimes on BBC premises. Some of the alleged victims have accused other entertainers and BBC staff of participating in the abuse.
 

Print
Email
|