1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the WHAS11 GUEST SPORTSCASTER CONTEST (the “Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents of the WHAS11 DMA which consists of Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Harrison, Jackson, Jefferson, Jennings, Orange, Perry, Scott, and Washington counties in Southern Indiana, and Adair, Breckinridge, Bullitt, Carroll, Grayson, Green, Hardin, Henry, Jefferson, Larue, Marion, Meade, Nelson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer, Taylor, Trimble, and Washington counties in Kentucky who are eight (8) years or older at the time of entry. A minor between the ages of 8 and 16 must be accompanied by either a parent or legal guardian. Employees and contractors of WHAS11-TV (“Sponsor”), Sander Operating Co. III LLC, Gannett Co., Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Contest will begin at 9:00 a.m. (E.T.) February 19, 2014 and end at 5:00 p.m. (E.T.) March 18, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). The Voting Period will begin March 10, 2014 and end March 17, 2014.
Attend one of the sessions listed herein and you will be videotaped reading the sports news script provided by Sponsor: February 19th between 10 am and 2 pm at Steepleton, 282 N. Hubbards Lane, Louisville, KY 40207; February 22nd between 9 am and 3 pm at Spalding University Center, 824 South Fourth Street, Louisville, KY 40203, February 25th from 9 am to 3 pm at Spalding’s School, or March 1st from 9 am to 3 pm at Spalding’s School. At the time of the videotaping, complete an Official Entry Form that includes your name, address, age, and daytime telephone number. All entries must be received by 3 pm March 1, 2014. One (1) entry per person. The parent or legal guardian must complete the entry form for contestants who are 8 – 16 of age.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Contestants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party’s intellectual property rights, or that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience. By entering, you agree to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sweepstakes website or in any email received from Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection. A panel of qualified judges selected by Sponsor will judge all eligible entries and select 5 Finalists whose videos will be posted for voting by the general public.
The 5 Finalists’ sportscaster videos will be posted at www.WHAS11.com where the voting period will begin at 12:01 a.m. March 10, 2014 and will end at 11:59 p.m. March 17, 2014. Online voting is limited to individuals who are 13 years and older. On or about March 18, 2014 the guest sportscaster video with the highest percentage of recorded eligible votes will be named the winning WHAS11 Guest Sportscaster. In the event of a tie at the end of voting period winner will be selected from the tied entries. Decisions of judges and Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects.
5. Prizes and Odds. The Winning WHAS11 Guest Sportscaster will be given the opportunity to broadcast the sports on the 6:00 pm WHAS11 newscast. The specific date and time will be determined by Sponsor.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries and recorded votes received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner will be notified on or about March 18, 2014 at the telephone number provided on winner’s entry form. Sponsor will call during regular business hours and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner by phone after three (3) attempts, return of email notification as undeliverable, or failure of winner to respond to email notification may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability certifying that the entrant’s submission is entrant's original work, that entrant owns right to the work, that the submission has not previously won an award or prize in a contest and has not previously been published, and that entrant has complied with the Official Rules of the Contest and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries (either videos or ballots), poor quality videos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. Any questions regarding the number of entries, or votes submitted shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each contestant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the contestant’s submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each contestant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsor may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsor.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The WHAS11 Guest Sportscaster Contest is sponsored by WHAS11. The decisions of Sponsor and the Contest judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of Finalists and winner (available after March 31, 2014) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.whas11.com/ or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), WHAS11 Guest Sportscaster, 520 W. Chestnut Street, Louisville, KY 40202. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Daniel Fredman at 502-582-7500, or email@example.com