1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the WHAS Word of the Day Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to residents of Kentuckiana who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Kentuckiana is defined as Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Harrison, Jackson, Jefferson, Jennings, Orange, Perry, Scott, and Washington counties in Southern Indiana; and Adair, Breckinridge, Bullitt, Carroll, Grayson, Green, Hardin, Henry, Jefferson, Larue, Marion, Meade, Nelson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer, Taylor, Trimble, and Washington counties in Kentucky. Employees and contractors of WHAS (“Sponsor”) Sander Operating Company LLC, Charlie Wilson Appliance and TV, and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 6:00 a.m. (E.T.) on Thursday, April 24, 2014 and ends at 11:59 a.m. (E.T.) on May 16, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
Enter by visiting the WHAS Word of the Day Sweepstakes official registration page on the www.whas11.com website during the Sweepstakes Period. Correctly list the WHAS Word of the Day that was announced during Sponsor's newscasts airing Monday through Friday at 6:00 a.m. (E.T.). You may enter one or any correct words of the day on any day as many times during the Sweepstakes Period as desired. In the event that a newscast is canceled or an announcement is not aired, the WHAS Word of the Day will be announced in the following day’s 6:00 a.m. newscast, (Monday through Friday). Complete all of the required information and follow all posted instructions. Complete the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “SEND” button. No mailed submissions delivered otherwise will be accepted. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry.
Enter as often as you like provided that multiple entries by means of software generated or other automated processes will be disregarded. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sweepstakes website or in any email received from Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. There are no limits to the number of entries. All entries must be received by 11:59 a.m. (E.T.) on May 16, 2014.
4. Winner Selection. On or about May 16, 2014 one (1) Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received.
5. Prizes and Odds. Maytag kitchen appliances from Charlie Wilson Appliance and TV, Louisville, KY consisting of: Refrigerator MFT2673BEM (ARV: $2,499); Range MER8880AS (ARV: $1,249); Dishwasher MDB8949SBM (ARV: $849); Over the Range Microwave MMV4206BS (ARV: $469); and delivery and installation (ARV: $1,434). (Total ARV: $6,500). Charlie Wilson Appliance and TV will contact winner for installation. Prize must be redeemed within 12 months of winning.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner will be notified on or about Friday, May 16, 2014 at the telephone number, provided on winner’s entry form. Sponsor will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner by phone after three (3) attempts may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim certificate of prize, winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 520 West Chestnut Street, Louisville, KY 40202 within forty-eight (48) business hours after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. (E.T.) and 5:00 p.m. (E.T.) weekdays) and a valid photo identification is required. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for the operation of Charlie Wilson Appliance and TV including stock, closings, schedule or cancellations.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The WHAS Word of the Day is sponsored by WHAS, The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after May 16, 2014 or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.whas11.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), WHAS Word of the Day Sweepstakes, 520 West Chestnut Street, Louisville, KY 40202. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Todd O'Daniel, (502) 582-7802.