Temps drop Friday night into the low 20s after precipitation ends and this could result in a flash freeze turning roads very icy.
- Friday 4am: Snow NW IN counties, Mix Southern IN and south of the River, Rain South Bullit co.
- Friday 7-9am: Snow Jackson-Dubios co. IN. Wintry Mix South to Grayson-Nelson co. KY. Rain far south
- Friday 1pm: Snow line moves south of the OH River into Metro Louisville. Wintry mix and rain south
- Friday 4-5pm: Banding of moderate to heavy snow may set up along and south of the river (Metro). Evening commute miserable. Snow moves south and east to Frankfort-Northern Grayson Co. Wintry mix and rain south of that line
- Friday 10pm: Snow ending except for Grayson, Taylor and Adair county were it will be a wintry mix
- Friday 11pm: Ending in far southern KY counties
Note the time stamp on banners...
- See Graphic (Yellow texts are totals that include ice and sleet)
- There is a chance that the 3-6" line could move south into northern sections of the Metro...
Winter Storm... Round 2
Saturday looks dry as the front sags south allowing colder air to move into the region. The front starts heading north Saturday night-Sunday. Freezing rain and or snow is likely... Possible 1/4 to 1/2" (if we end up with more snow the ice totals will be less). This part of the forecast is still developing. Bottom line... Driving conditions will be dangerous and locally power outages may be possible. The freezing rain may change over to rain during the day on Sunday.
Very COLD air moves into the region next week with highs in the 20s and lows in the Teens!… Stay tuned for updates.