If you are thinking, "Man, this has been a hot June!" You would be absolutely correct. I've been studying my climatology book and found these "fun" and amazing HOT JUNE FACTS...
- This morning (June, 21) we set a new Record High Minimum at 80, breaking the old record of 78 in 1906
- Our average high has been 89.62 degrees (7.19 degrees above the normal average high)
- 12 days of 90+ degrees
- Second Hottest June on record with an average temperature (highs and lows) of 80.25 degrees.
- Hottest June... 1952 with an average temperature (highs and lows) of 80.6 degrees.
- Temperatures will stay in the 90s through the weekend and we will be flirting with record highs on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The humidity will also be high this week producing Heat Indices between 100-106, so you will want to limit your outdoor activities between 2 and 6 pm. Remember to stay hydrated and don't forget your pets. Stay cool!