- The Marquette vs. West Virginia match-up was a fantastic battle.
Every shot contested, every rebound a fight, every run answered. In the end, Marquette came back from a 10-point deficit in the second half and secured the win behind clutch 3-point baskets and timely drives. After the game, Marquette was more than willing to discuss the 18-point Cardinals comeback at the KFC Yum! Center. In fact, Coach Buzz Williams called it the “meltdown of the season”. There was an anger, a hunger, in the locker room after the game. Many players candidly telling me they’ve been praying for another chance at Louisville.
- This is the magical moment of the Big East Tournament so far. (Click here to see it.) An unbelievable crossover-step-back-buzzer beater by Kemba Walker. Ben Hansbrough may have locked up Player of the Year honors...but Kemba is the heartbeat of this tournament.
- Cards fans, remember Fab Melo? The once major Louisville recruit turned Syracuse Orange Center has been a non-factor all season but came through with a big game vs. St. John’s this afternoon. Twelve points including a reverse layup in the final minutes that propelled the Orange to a Semifinal Match-up with UConn.
- The Garden had a much more intense buzz Thursday. The Arena has been packed, the Plaza has been bustling, and the ticket sales have been booming. My Dad put it perfectly as we walked out of the Garden Thursday afternoon, “When you wear your team colors, not only does it stink when your team loses...but then everyone is bugging you about selling your tickets”. The court isn’t the only place for talent; some of the slickest / grimiest scalpers in the world are at work just outside.
- Louisville vs. Marquette, there will be a full wrap-up Friday morning on Good Morning Kentukiana...check it out!