15 Great Date Ideas for Valentine’s Day
• Take a romantic horse carriage ride around Louisville. It will be cold, so bring your blanket and hot chocolate!
• Take your partner out for a day at the spa. Treat each other to couples massages. Many spas around Louisville offer specials for couples on Valentine’s Day like Tranquility Salon.
• Plan a weekend trip somewhere close, even if it's only an hour or two away. A bed and breakfast could be the best getaway, whether it is Louisville’s Woohaven Gothic Revival Mansion or the Lyndon House located in Lexington’s historic downtown.
• Recreate the setting where you exchanged the first ‘I love yous’ the best way you can.
• Serve your loved one breakfast in bed. Spice it up with some special Valentine’s Day breakfast ideas.
• Have dinner on the Belle of Louisville. A romantic Valentine’s Day dinner will be served as you float on the Ohio River.
• Enjoy a candlelit dinner at Bernheim’s Evening Among the Stars. Afterwards, stroll through Bernheim’s beautiful winter landscape.
• Kentucky State Parks are offering great Valentine’s Day getaways at their numerous park locations.
• Go dancing the night away to big band music! The 18-person band at A Big Band Valentine will play music appropriate for all kinds of dances from the Cha-Cha to the Swing.
• Wine and dine in Louisville’s Old Spaghetti Factory. Reserve a table in the trolley located inside the restaurant.
• Enjoy a winter’s favorite by going ice skating. It will give you an excuse to grab on to your sweetie’s hand.
• Laugh together at a comedy show like Louisville’s Comedy Caravan or the Improv.
• Enjoy listening to the blues at Stevie Ray’s Blues Bar on their Feb. 13 Valentine’s Day Show.
• Spend the day making delicious candy together at The Sweet Tooth’s Valentine’s Candy Class.
• Attend a performance from musician’s Jim James of My Morning Jacket. Those who attend will receive a rose from the performer.
10 Great Dates for Sweethearts on a Shoestring Budget
• Go to the mall and give each other $10. Split up, go find a gift for the other, and then exchange.
• Spend the evening indoors preparing a romantic meal together.
• Create a spa date at the house. There are easy do-it-your-self recipes.
• Snuggle up on the sofa and have a romantic movie night in.
• Have a picnic. Yes, February is cold, but the woods in the winter can be beautiful so dress warmly and bundle up. If the cold is unbearable, set a picnic by a fireplace, if accessible.
• Spend the evening learning to dance. Dance studios, like Louisville’s Bravo Dance Studio, offers specials for beginners.
• Take a hike together! After, enjoy dinner looking at the stars and the beautiful lights of Louisville at the Retreat at Jefferson Memorial Forest. Afterwards, deserts from local bakeries are served by a roaring fire.
• Visit an art museum. The Speed Art Museum in Louisville offers a romance tour of the art collections. Also, enjoy campaign and a buffet of French treats. Admission is free!
• Attend the Valentine’s Concert at the Kentucky Center. The Louisville Orchestra and special guests will create a romantic mood with their Valentine’s Day themed concert.
• Go on a treasure hunt at “Tom” Sawyer State Park in their Caching for Kisses event.
10 Valentine's ideas for the single person
• Have a game night with a group of your single girl and guy pals.
• Spend the day volunteering around your community.
• Host a scary movie night with other single friends.
• Celebrate being single by hosting an All Singles Party.
• Spend the day with family that you may not have seen in awhile but live close by.
• Try something new like a yoga or Zumba dance class.
• Hit the bars with some friends. There may be other singles out wanting to have a good time.
• Organize a Secret Santa type of game with friends before Valentine’s Day.
• Spend the day shopping. Since you do not have to give a gift to someone else, indulge in something you have always wanted.
• Gather a group of your single friends and enjoy Bernheim’s Evening Among the Stars. Enjoy dinner and dancing with your friends.
Do you have a great idea for Valentine's Day? Share it in the comment section below!