LOUISVILLE, Ky. (News Release) – The Kentucky Department of Transportation announced several ramp closures for the beginning of the week including the delayed opening of the northbound I-65 ramps, the left lane of southbound I-265 at the KY 22 overpass and the eastbound I-64 exit ramp to northbound I-71.
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet said the exit ramps from northbound I-65 (shown in purple) did not reopen Monday morning, July 9th as originally anticipated because the concrete in the bridges on these ramps was more deteriorated than expected.
Here are the most recent closures:
- The ramps from I-65 northbound to I-64 eastbound and I-71northbound will remain closed until 5 a.m. Thursday. Motorists should follow the signed detour via I-264. The Clark Memorial bridge will switch into three lanes southbound and one lane northbound from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. each weekday until all the Kennedy Bridge’s three southbound lanes are all reopen.
- The exit ramp from eastbound Interstate 64 to northbound Interstate 71 (Exit 6) will be temporarily closed starting 10 p.m. Tuesday, July 10 until 5 a.m. Wednesday, July 11 to allow for guardrail replacement.
- The left lane on southbound Interstate 265 (Gene Snyder Freeway) in Jefferson County will be closed at the KY 22 overpass. This lane closure is scheduled for Wednesday, July 11th from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. and will allow for bridge deck repairs.
The following ramps (shown in yellow on the map) continue to be closed and will remain closed for the duration of the project:
• The exit ramp from eastbound I-64 to northbound I-65 in Kentucky
• The exit ramp from southbound I-65 to Market Street in Indiana
• The entrance ramp from Court Avenue to southbound I-65 in Indiana
Vehicles wider than 9 feet are restricted from traveling through the work zone.
The actual starting date and duration of this work may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen delays occur.
Click to see a color-coded map of all of the I-65 bridge repair ramp closures.