(WHAS11) The deal that would have re-opened Kentucky Kingdom is now dead. The Fair board says it’s now moving to other options. The park closed in February, 2010 after Six Flags went bankrupt and terminated its lease with the Kentucky State Fair Board.
The Kentucky Kingdom Redevelopment Corporation, headed by Ed Hart, had been working to re-open the amusement park. Last week, Hart met with the Fair board for a last-ditch effort to come up with funding. But Friday, the Fair board says negotiations have come to an end without a deal.
Harold Workman, the president of the Fair board said, "We could not settle on lease terms that would be fiscally responsible for the Fair board and viable for the Kentucky Kingdom Redevelopment Corporation.
The Ed Hart group said, "We just received a copy of the statement provided to the media. This is the first contact we have had with Mr. Workman since Ed Hart presented to a meeting of the Fair board last week. Apparently, the Kentucky State Fair Board has decided not to pursue an agreement with Mr. Hart and his company."