A deadly fertilizer plant explosion rocked West, Texas, a small community north of Waco on Wednesday evening. Below, you will find information you need to know, including organizations accepting donations as this story continues to develop.
Organizations accepting donations:
- Red Cross of Central Texas
- Salvation Army - Austin
- IN AUSTIN: The Blood Center of Central Texas is taking donations by appointment only. If you have type O-Negative blood, you are asked to make an appointment to donate. There currently is enough blood to keep the center stocked. Follow them on Twitter at @CentralTXBlood or click here for more information.
- IN AUSTIN: KVUE is partnering with Randalls and the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund to aid victims. Those who wish to donate may visit their local Randalls and add money to a scan card. The donation is conveniently added to your grocery purchase. Donations will be taken at Houston-area Randalls and Dallas-area Tom Thumbs as well.
- IN AUSTIN: Ryno Moving is accepting donations of water, blankets, clothes, food, baby supplies, etc. Call (512) 740-4114 or (512) 773-9344 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IN AUSTIN: The Austin Disaster Relief Network is receiving donations for survivors. To make a tax-deductible gift go to www.adrntx.org and follow the link on the homepage under Current News. If mailing donation, please send to: Austin Disaster Relief Network (ADRN), P.O. Box 3817, Cedar Park, Texas 78630, Attn: West Texas Fund
- IN AUSTIN: Benefit for West, Texas will be held Sunday, April 28 from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. at la Barbecue located at 1502 S. 1st St., in Austin. Cash donations for West will be accepted. Click here for more information.
- IN AUSTIN: The League Kitchen and Tavern in Lakeway will accept donations of clothes, blankets and bottled water this weekend. Location: 1310 RR 620.
- IN AUSTIN: Sunday April 21 donations will be accepted by Bastrop's Phoenix Farms at the Mueller farmer's market from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.. It's located at 4550 Mueller, Austin, 78723. Will be accepting canned food, can openers, diapers, baby wipes, pet food, dried fruit, protein bars, bottled water. Click here for more information.
- IN AUSTIN: Affiance Insurance Agency is taking donations of any type that's needed. It's located at 5555 North Lamar Suite L101, 78751. Business hours are Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Call 512-284-9051 or click here for more information.
- IN AUSTIN: uShip is collecting donations at its downtown Austin location at 205 Brazos Street. Immediate donations can be dropped Thursday until 7:30 p.m. and Friday April 19 from 9 a.m. to noon. Click here for a list of requested donations.
- IN AUSTIN: Mattress Firm stores are accepting donations of food items, children's needs, toiletries and anything else. Drop items off at any Mattress Firm in the Dallas, Austin, Houston and Waco areas April 19-April 21. For more information click here. To donate money click here.
- IN AUSTIN: Project Suite Pea will hold a donation drive Sunday 12-6 p.m. at the Hill Country Galleria. Items needed: Water, non-perishable food, clothes, baby items, flashlights, blankets, pillows, toiletries, toys, adult diapers, medical supplies, dog and cat food.
- IN AUSTIN: 1020 Glass Art & Decor is collecting donations at it's downtown location in the 2nd Street District at 208 Colorado Street. Donations of any type will be accepted and may be dropped off during store hours: M-S: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m., Sun: 11 a.m. - 8 p.m., 512.474.1020.
Click here for a list of requested donation. Ten percent of proceeds of in-Store sales from the Texas Longhorn Art Collection will be donated: From April 19th - April 30th 2013.
- IN ROUND ROCK: Scott & White Round Rock Clinic is hosting a blood drive Tuesday April 23 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at 302 University Blvd Round Rock, TX 78664. To sign up to donate contact The Blood Donor Center at 877-724-4376. Click here for donor eligibility information.
- IN ROUND ROCK: Great American Storage and Post Office is accepting clothing and water. It's located at 16450 RR 620 N Round Rock, TX 78681. Contact phone: 512-248-1518.
- IN TEMPLE: Donate blood at the Scott & White Blood Center - Temple. It will be open until 7 p.m. Thursday April 18 and 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Friday April 19. As the community will continue to need blood donations throughout the coming weeks, area donors are urged to find an upcoming blood drive by clicking here.
- IN THORNDALE: Scott and White is hosting a blood drive Sunday April 21 from 8 a.m.-noon at St. Paul Lutheran, 101 N. 3rd/Hwy 79 Thorndale, TX 76577. To sign up to donate contact The Ministry Office at 512-924-0151. Click here for donor eligibility information.
- IN FLORENCE: The Florence Fire Department will be hosting a boot drive on Saturday, April 20 at 8:30 a.m.
- IN KYLE: Donations of new toiletries, trash bags, school supplies, blankets, non-perishable foods, Gatorade and water can be dropped off at Kyle City Hall this weekend (10:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday).
- Point West Bank - drop off or send to 200 West Oak Street, West 76691
- The Extraco Events Center will be setting up to take donations starting at 9 am on Thursday. For information, call (254) 776-1660.
- Both Peas & Tots and Smarty Pants consignment stores in Waco are accepting clothing donations in all sizes for those in West.
- Axtell High School will be taking any kind of donations at the school on Thursday. Please donate anything. the PALS organization is taking all donations and will be accepting tomorrow and Friday during school.
- ESPN 1660 AM is taking donations at their Bagby Ave. location
- IN FLORENCE: Florence Fire Department is hosting a boot drive on Saturday, April 20 from 8 a.m. All proceeds will go to the relief fund for the victims of West.
- Life Church of Mesquite will be in the area to volunteer with clean up efforts. They will also bring donations.
- Safe and Well People Finder: Register your name to let others know you are safe
- Prayers for West Facebook page
- Power outage information from Oncor
- To check on patients admitted to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center, call (254) 202-1100
- For family inquiries about patients at Scott & White Hospital, call (888) 394-4947
- For family inquiries about patients at Providence Health Center, call (254) 761-7200
- Hillcrest Hospital patient information hotline: 254-202-1100 (KWTX News 10)
- Most critical patients to Hillcrest Baptist in Waco, followed by Providence Hospital.
- Family members worried about loved ones can call (254) 202-1100 at Hillcrest. Call (888) 394-4947 for information on family members at Scott & White.